Re: Mainframe-class

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:21:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Nosie,

Infoworld magazine a month or so back had a series of articles highly speaking of IBM AS/400. They interviewed with the chief engineer for this platform who had benchmark results showing AS/400 way above Solaris in performance, and extremely scalable as well. Issues following that had readers' comments to the effect that for some reason IBM never made an effort to market this greatest operating system outside the AS/400 user community, so the rest of the world still think it's just an old legacy platform waiting to be swept out of market.

Unfortunately I never had a chance to work on AS/400.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

 From: "Nosie"
 Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:48:21 +0700
 Subject: Mainframe-class

Dear All,

My team is writing a proposal for our huge core system using Oracle database. We already consider IBM mainframe S/390 as an alternative and we are now looking for another alternative using UNIX env. Can anybody inform or recommend me the largest, most-powerful, stable unix machine where Oracle can run on?

Thank you in advance.

Nosie

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Fri Oct 13 2000 - 12:21:29 CDT