lsnrctl start using rsh

From: Tina Ridgley <tlridgley_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:44:06 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I have a script which runs on a remote unix box for the purpose of monitoring our 'Monitoring Server'. It checks to make sure that the box pings, and that Oracle processes are up and running, etc. I am able to get my script to remotely re-start OMS if it detects that it is not running. When I attempt to start the intelligent agent, data gatherer or listener processes remotely it fails to start the processes. Here is the command the script uses:

rsh apollo "/oracle/product/816/bin/lsnrctl start"

Anyone have any ideas of how to do this? According to Technet, there once was a bug which caused a problem with this but it was to be resolved with SQLNET V2.3. I am running on Solaris 2.6, Oracle 8.1.6 and there is no mention of an issue regarding this in TechNet for that release.

Your ideas on this would be appreciated.

TIA, Tina

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 11:44:06 CDT