Start Date question: how to modify it in Oracle & SQL Server

From: Helmut Daiminger <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:17:09 -0700

Hi!

In Oracle, all dates are based upon a fixed point in time. So internally a specific date is stored as a REAL number (which is something like the number of seconds from that specific date onwards).

How can I change that start date upon which all dates in Oracle are based?

SQL Server 7 has something similar. How can I change the start date for SQL Server?

Thanks, Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 18:17:09 CDT