Anyone using object-oriented db?

From: <dmeng_at_focal.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:57:51 -0500

Hi all,
We are evaluating a couple of software products for our company, one uses Sybase, the other uses Oracle as the back-end support. The management is leaning towards using Oracle, but since this is going to be an object-oriented
db, they are a little leery about the performance. I have never administered a OODB before and I would like to know from folks on this list who have, this database could grow to 400-500 GB, will an OODB perform well for a database of this size? Any caveats? Does the traditional tuning methodologies apply here 100%?

TIA Dennis Meng
Database Administrator
Focal Communications
847-954-8328 Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 08:57:51 CDT