import error

From: Lewis, Ed <Ed_Lewis_at_PremierInc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:17:22 -0400

	Hi,
		I'm having a problem with the import utility.

	The environment is Solaris 2.7, Oracle 8.1.6.2.
	I'm doing an full export from database A,
	and importing to database B.
	Both databases reside on the same box.

	The full export works fine, but when the import
	runs I get the following error on selected tables:

	 IMP-00020: long column too large for column buffer size (3)

	The tables do not have long columns.

	The export is using the "direct" option. On the
	import I've tried many variations including adjusting
	the "buffer" parameter and using the "recordsize" parameter.
	I receive this error when I do a full, user, or table import.

	I searched metalink but none of the solutions that are
	recommended have worked for me.
	Anyone have any suggestions ?

	Thanks for you help, and your time.