RE: Multiple oracle homes in NT

From: April Sims <simsa_at_acu.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:17:26 -0500

I did this with DEV2000 and OEM.....but now I can't install patches for DEV2000 because it says that a file is open and can't be written to. Is there any workaround? Yes, all NT services for the 8.1.x home are turned off, even rebooted.

>The way I do it is to install developer/2000 first this creates an 8.0.x
>oracle home then install 8i which will create its own 8.1.x home
>independantly. So that you have 2 oracle homes by the end.
>
>Peter Berry

April Sims  MCSE, CNE	Abilene Christian University
Database Administrator	ACU Box 29005
Information Technology	Abilene, TX 79699
simsa_at_acu.edu	        Vx:(915)674-2681 Fx:674-6724