Hardware and Oracle distribution query

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:37:12 +0200

Hi Folks,

To date we have 3 oracle databases (different versions) for various applications, each on separate NT servers. Each server however hosts the production and test databases for each application. We don't do in-house development but we do take upgrdes through their paces on test databases before going live. Now we are facing a deluge of applications with Oracle databases some small scale, some large. NT is the OS on our site. We will be installing a SAN in the near future. Our policy to date has been to use a separate server per application. I do have a say in forming our policy on this matter. I'd appreciate hearing how you DBA's manage similar scenarios, i.e. do you each use separate servers per application, even for small scale databases with different versions of Oracle or do you host groups of databases on large servers. I'd also be interested in hearing what licensing structures you have in place too.

Regards,
Sean :)

#    #   #    #  #    #  #    #  Rookie
#    #  #######  ######  #    #  Adminstrator
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
E-mail: sean.oneill_at_organon.ie [subscribed: Digest Mode]

Visit: http://www.egroups.com/group/Oracle-OCP-DBA

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything. Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 05:37:12 CDT