Re: How to go about moving/renaming an RBS with the system rbs in it?

From: Oliver Artelt <oli_at_md.transnet.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:24:40 +0200

Hi, that's from the concepts doc:

The Rollback Segment SYSTEM

Oracle creates an initial rollback segment called SYSTEM whenever a database is created. This segment is in the SYSTEM tablespace and uses that tablespace's default storage parameters. You cannot drop the SYSTEM rollback segment. An instance always acquires the SYSTEM rollback segment in addition to any other rollback segments it needs.

sound like you had to leave it there

On Mit, 11 Okt 2000, Sarka Chris (CGI) wrote:
> Is it possible (and if so how) to move/rename an rbs that was created by the
> installer during the install with the system rbs in it.
> I simply want to place it in a logical volume created specifically for the
> RBS tablespace.
> All the other rollback segs are easy, I'm stuck with the SYSTEM rbs that I
> don't know what to do with.
>
> Oracle 8.1.6
> AIX 4.3.3
>
> Help.
> Chris Sarka
> Oracle DBA
> CGI pour SLVQ
> * chris.sarka_at_slvq.com
> Author: Sarka Chris (CGI)
> INET: Chris.Sarka_at_slvq.com

---

Oliver Artelt, System- und Datenbankadministration
  cubeoffice GmbH & Co.KG # jordanstrasse 7 # 39112 magdeburg
telefon: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 10 # telefax: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 19
   email: oli@cubeoffice.de # web: http://www.cubeoffice.de