Database Link Problem

From: Larry Taylor <ltaylor_at_iq.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:14:57 -0700

I've been running a few tests and I've come up with some more information (no solution yet, but perhaps this will help someone identify this as a problem they once had).
I can execute tnsping from each of the UNIX servers and it will find the NT server. However, when I try to execute tnsping from the NT server to either of our UNIX servers, I get an error, TNS-12541 no listener. Now, I'm not so sure what this mesage really means. I was sure that I have a listener running on each of the machines. After all, I can run Oracle's Enterprise manager from any desktop or server and connect to any of the servers using the entry found in tnsnames.ora. I don't see how I could connect to the database on the NT server unless there was a listener up and running. Maybe the TNS-12541 covers more than just a 'missing listener'. Anyway, I hope this sounds familar to someone and that they have an answer. Received on Tue Oct 10 2000 - 20:14:57 CDT