RE: patch sets

From: Leng Kaing <leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:16:18 +1100

Are you sure that you saw 8.1.6.1.1??

I've applied 8.1.6.1.1 and all my version says 8.1.6.1.0.

eg:

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.6.1.0 - Production

Anyhow, yes it's not unusual to see version numbers and actual patch sets not lining up. Ever since 7.3.4.1 their numbering has been screwy. You must have to REMEMBER the patchsets you've applied. V$VERSION won't help you and only serves to confuse you.

HTH, Leng.

 From: GKor_at_rdw.nl
 Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:13:29 +0200
 Subject: patch sets

Goodmorning all

I have installed oracle version 8.1.6.0.0., i applied the patch sets 8.1.6.1.1. and 8.1.6.1.3.
after installed the first patch set the databaseversion was indeed 8.1.6.1.1., when i installed the second
i saw that the version was 8.1.6.1.0. ?? Anybody who can explain this ? Further in the alert file i had several ora-600 messages

thanks

gkor_at_rdw.nl

Leng.

Leng M Kaing
Email: leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au
Tel: 9843-8440
Fax: 9843-8590

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com