RE: DBMS_JOB

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <TS2017_at_emirates.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:11:35 +0400

Hi Oweson,
If you have submitted the job along with the interval parameter, then it will execute in a loop. You can remove the job using dbms_job.remove(id) and submit a new job.

You job will keep on getting performed at a regular interval unless you remove it from the job log, irrespective of whether the called procedure is recreated or dropped etc.

I would suggest that you create an error_table and insert rows into it from the routines being executed through dbms_job, when ever an error is encountered. Trap errors in the exception block. You can then verify this table at a regular interval to check on the errors.

Thanks,
Amar
00-971-50-7883254
ts2017_at_emirates.com