RE: Block Size and # of Extents

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:11:24 EDT

Lisa,
Farmula as under :(courtsy Gogala Mladen)

(db_block_size / 16) - 7

8192/16 - 7 = 505 blocks

Regards
Rafiq

From: "Koivu, Lisa" <lkoivu_at_qode.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: RE: Block Size and # of Extents Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 05:11:33 -0800

Rajesh, were you letting the maxextents value default when creating a tablespace? It looks like it. The default maxextents number is set based upon a formula that I don't readily see in the documentation at first glance. If you specificially set maxextents when creating a tablespace, you will not see this behavior. I'm sure someone else on the list will find the formula and send it.

(I learned this from someone on the list last year.)

Lisa Rutland Koivu
Oracle Database Administrator
Qode.com
4850 North State Road 7
Suite G104
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319

V: 954.484.3191, x174
F: 954.484.2933
C: 954.658.5849

http://www.qode.com

"The information contained herein does not express the opinion or position of Qode.com and cannot be attributed to or made binding upon Qode.com."

Author: Rajesh Dayal
   INET: Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com