Re: problem with trigger

From: <Nam_Phan_at_manulife.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:19:20 +0700

Hi,
The first, you need to create the sequence, and then run my script file.

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER ar_hkc_dt
BEFORE INSERT
ON employee
REFERENCING NEW AS NEW OLD AS OLD
FOR EACH ROW
DECLARE
l_employee_id number(4);
BEGIN
  IF inserting THEN

     select emp_seq.nextval into l_employee_id from dual;
     :new.emp_code := l_employee_id;

  END IF;
END;
/

Hopefully you get success,

Phan Hoai Nam
Business Analyst,
Chinfon Manulife Insurance Co., Ltd.
Tel: 84-8-8257722, Ext: 2903
Mobile: 091-74 86 95

satish plakote <satish_plakote_at_excite.com>@fatcity.com on 10/09/2000 12:15:54 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:
Subject: problem with trigger

hi ,
i am doinga project in java and oracle. I am using a set of tables . There r some tables like Employee master,in which i want to have employee code generated by sequences.
I am aming to have a dynamic Java code , where in any table ccan be selected for an insert valeues option.
I want to write a trigger on the database side such that when ever i give an insert query from my java code, the trigger should automatically insert the employee code.
i tried writing a trigger but i got a message" triger created with compilation errors"
Can somebody tell me how to write that trigger.and what should mt insert statement be.Since i am declaring my primary ky as not null. Thanks
satish

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

Author: satish plakote
  INET: satish_plakote_at_excite.com

This message is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, any use by you of this Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 02:19:20 CDT