Re: Index rebuilds

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 08:54:24 -0400

Indexes are automatically re-created when you truncate a table and then = reload it is th eindex existed when the table was truncated. If you want = to change the parameters on the index, after the truncate table you drop = the index and then create the index with the proper parameters on the = empty table. Then when you reload the table the index will be created with = the new parameters. OR after the table truncate you can alter the index = parameters that you are allowed to change ( like next extent. etc) ROR =AA=BF=AA
>>> cemail_at_sprintmail.com 10/04/00 09:50PM >>>

Oracle 8.0.5. Can index rebuilds be used on a table that has been truncated and reloaded? In other words, we have a table and then we truncate it and load it with much of the same data, except more data (don't ask me why they do it this way). Can we have an index, truncate the table, then just do a rebuild?  We want to be able to save time with the indexes and also be able to change storage parameters.

Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html ) The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author:=20
  INET: cemail_at_sprintmail.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 07:54:24 CDT