Re: cursors and processes

From: Veera Prasad <vprasad_at_olf.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 14:35:32 -0400

--------------7BD476BE6E00235A66511370

It depends on value been specified in initSID.ora initialization parameter file.
To see the value type at sql prompt like SQL> show parameter open_cursors
An you can see the view V$open_cursor to see the active cursors open.

Jeff Wiegand wrote:

> hi all. We are experiencing a bottleneck, using servlets and JDBC. I
> understand what a cursor is and a process. But just how many processes
> can we have? Is there a limit on the number of open cursors that
> Oracle can efficiently handle?

--------------7BD476BE6E00235A66511370

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html>
It depends on value been specified in initSID.ora&nbsp; initialization parameter file.

--------------7BD476BE6E00235A66511370-- Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 13:35:32 CDT