Any One have any insight?????

From: Christine Turner <christine.turner_at_ips-sendero.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 07:23:48 -0000

Good Morning All.....

Listed below is a block of code from a pl\sql procedure that I'm not sure what the developer was trying to accomplish. I know this is easy, but it's one of those "looked at it too long to see the answer" situations. Anyone have any ideas as to why the developer was using rowid in this insert statement????

           insert into temp_big_gllist (glacct, desct)
           select distinct (gl_acct_no), (description) from usrtblname
           t1 where t1.rowid = (select min(t2.rowid) from v_usrtblname
           t2 where t1.gl_acct_no = t2.gl_acct_no);

Any comments are appreciated!!!!!
Thanks,
Christine Turner
DBA
IPS Sendero
Scottsdale, Arizona Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 02:23:48 CDT