FW: SMS Alerts - UK - Solved!

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:37:25 +0100

Steve, list,

I have spoken to the guys at n-systems, who are not currently taking on customers for the straight SMS service. They have an advanced service, which they are trying to promote at the moment which boasts bells, whistles and a few other things to boot. They did however point me in the direction of www.iobox.com which is essentially the same service - but get this - CHEAPER! It seems n-systems want to make more money out of their customer!

The jist of these services for those interested within the UK, is that you have an account on the web, which holds a number of credits. You have an alert "ORCL down or not responding!" sent to your email account - mobilenumber_at_iobox.com - which then gets converted to an SMS message and forwarded to your account for the cost of 1 credit - equivalent to 6p! You then top up your account with a credit card whenever needed.

I have now tried and tested it, and the response is much better than Genie. You also get 30 free credits when you subscribe, which is a decent evaluation in anyone's book. I do have to say though, that if you want or need secure services, with a few more options, n-systems would be the guys.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Leith

Cool Tools UK Ltd
+44 1905 330 281 Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 03:37:25 CDT