Re:Oracle and Daylight savings time.

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:54:21 -0400

Mike,

    Nothing, all of my instances have functioned through both the spring and fall time changes without a burp. Now if your changing the timezone, or the actual clock setting (especially backwards) that's a different matter.

Dick Goulet

Subject: Oracle and Daylight savings time. Author: Michael Parry <parrymd_at_yahoo.com> Date: 10/5/00 7:56 AM

Oh wise list, I've read that you should shutdown the database and get a good backup for a time change. What does the rest of the world do? What do 24x7 shops do? What do you recommend?

Thanks, Mike

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos - 35mm Quality Prints, Now Get 15 Free! http://photos.yahoo.com/

Author: Michael Parry
  INET: parrymd_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 10:54:21 CDT