Unlucky upgrade

From: MARCOTULLI ARMANDO <AMarcotulli_at_grupposiac.it>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:04:16 +0200

Two weeks ago we upgraded our instances from 8.0.5 to 8.1.6. This was the worst thing we could do.
The consume of CPUs have increased from 50% to 90% and our users are very angry because of long response time.
This nightmare is caused by the new optimizer: a full scan on the same table on 8.0.5 took 5 seconds, on 8.1.6 takes about 50 seconds!!! Oracle opened a bug 10 days ago... it seems a BIG bug. I am not asking a solution to the list, I'd like to know if there are other installations getting bad performances in 8.1.6. How is it possible this problem is not already known? Are we alone in the world running 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.6?

Greets

Armando Marcotulli
DB2/ORACLE DBA Received on Thu Oct 05 2000 - 08:04:16 CDT