Another Version Question

From: Nancy Mccormick <nancy.mccormick_at_sbti.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:23:50 -0400

OK, I am feeling stupid today.

Now I want to see what Oracle products and versions are installed for this instance on this server. I tried "inspdver" but apparently that is not available anymore. I tried v$version but that just has the information you get when you log into SQL*Plus. And the documentatin was not very helpful on this topic. I found a directory on the server called oraInventory but I am still trying to navigate through all it's subdirectories. So... can anyone help me with this? Right now I am looking for what version of SQL*Net (NET8) is installed but I should know how to find this information for any product without starting up the Installer. I will keep exploring but any suggestion/directions would be helpful.

Thanks, Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 11:23:50 CDT