Re: Another Version Question

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 13:42:49 -0400

The software product orasnap will display the information you are looking = for. It can be obtained at http://www.pobox.com/~dba/oracle/orasnap=20

ROR =AA=BF=AA
>>> nancy.mccormick_at_sbti.com 10/04/00 01:25PM >>>
OK, I am feeling stupid today.

Now I want to see what Oracle products and versions are installed for this instance on this server. I tried "inspdver" but apparently that is not available anymore. I tried v$version but that just has the information you get when you log into SQL*Plus. And the documentatin was not very helpful on this topic. I found a directory on the server called oraInventory but I am still trying to navigate through all it's subdirectories. So... can anyone help me with this? Right now I am looking for what version of SQL*Net (NET8) is installed but I should know how to find this information for any product without starting up the Installer. I will keep exploring but any suggestion/directions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Nancy

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: Nancy Mccormick
  INET: nancy.mccormick_at_sbti.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 12:42:49 CDT