How do I know the column name(s) from a FK name?

From: Guang Mei <zlmei_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 18:51:00 GMT

Hi:

Is there any way to query the data dictionary to get the columns from a FK name?

For example, the following query says there are three foreign keys constraints in table 'HPXPRODUCT' that point to a primary key called
'PKHPXUOMCODE' in another table. I would like to find which column (in
'HPXPRODUCT') is used for which FK by query the data dictionary. How do I do
it?

TIA.

SQLWKS> SELECT TABLE_NAME ,
     2> CONSTRAINT_NAME
     3>   FROM   USER_CONSTRAINTS
     4>   WHERE  TABLE_NAME = upper('HPXPRODUCT')
     5>   AND    CONSTRAINT_TYPE ='R'
     6>   AND    R_CONSTRAINT_NAME = 'PKHPXUOMCODE';
TABLE_NAME                     CONSTRAINT_NAME

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com. Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 13:51:00 CDT