Report Server URL

From: Peter Hazelton <peterhazelton_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 19:18:31 GMT

Hi all.

I have created a Report server on my machine that works fine on our LAN. I connect to it via:

http://pc11561:2000/dev60cgi/rwcgi60.exe?thrombolysis

where thrombolysis is a mapping key that I made in the cgicmd.dat file and is as follows:

thrombolysis: report=throm_combined.rdfuserid=user/password_at_icons1 server=rep60PC11561 desformat=htmldestype=cache %P

As I said, this runs fine on my LAN but I want to run it over the Internet. What I have done is permantly fixed my IP address. So I am now able to enter the following URL:

http://172.36.282.111:2000/dev60cgi/rwcgi60.exe?thrombolysis

When I run this, I am able to connect to the server and have the parameter page come up but when I hit submit report, I get a page not found error. This is beacuse the URL is bouncing back to the LAN computer name of:

http://pc11561:2000/dev60cgi/rwcgi60.exe?

rather than keeping the IP address. This tells me that I have another place where I need to replace the PC11561:2000 to 172.36.282.111:2000.

Interestingly enough, when I create a report that does not have a parameter form, the report comes up fine and stays connected to the IP address. It seems that the parameter form is throwing the report off the IP connection and onto the LAN connection. It
escapes me right now as to where else I may need to harcode in the IP address. I went to my TNS names file and made the change there but I don't know if there is another place as well.

Any ideas???Please help!

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 14:18:31 CDT