DB2/UDB vs Oracle as warehouse solution

From: <StevenHaas_at_ebico.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:16:26 -0400

Listers,

I have been asked to provide some comparative information to a prospective client on using IBM AIX /DB2 UDB or Sun / Oracle as a warehouse solution. The information should be as objective as possible; a quantitative comparison would help as well.
Any outer-join comparisons of specific relevant UDB (DataJoiner, DataLinks, Intelligent Miner, etc.) and Oracle (IFS, Intermedia, WebDB, OAS, etc.) features would be great.
Specifically, scalability, availability, stability and functionality in the warehouse arena.
Data Base Administration, support,

I haven't touched IBM hardware in a dozen years and my knowledge is limited.
Can anyone suggest web sites or white papers on the subject. All relevant opinions are important as well and are appreciated.

TIA, Steve Haas
DBA Consultant
@ Royal & SunAlliance
Farmington, CT USA Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 13:16:26 CDT