RE: Another Version Question - Talked to Oracle before

From: Rama Malladi <rmalladi_at_inteliant.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:20:29 -0700

Nancy,
 I had the same question couple of months ago and I rised a TAR with Oracle. They are going to incorporate this in the new releases.... At least that is what they told me...

FYI.. I am enclosing that TAR

From: Rama Malladi 23-Feb-00 18:18
Subject: Unix program that would list all the Oracle - options installed

RDBMS Version: 8i
Operating System and Version: SUN Solaris 2.6 Error Number (if applicable):
Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): Oracle Server Product Version:

Unix program that would list all the Oracle - options installed

Hi,
In Oracle 8.0.4 and the previous versions, there used to be program "inspdver" which would
take the "unix.rgs" and produce an output of all the Oracle products/options installed.

In Oracle 8i, I don't see that program. How do I find out what are the options/products installed
without looking at the "V$" views?

Thanks
Rama Malladi

From: Oracle, Tom Villane 24-Feb-00 14:32 Subject: Re : Unix program that would list all the Oracle - options installed

Hi,

The inspdver is not available on 8.1.x. An enhancement request has been created to provide this, but currently the functionality is not available in 8.1
The only other method of seeing which products are installed is to run the installer and select "Installed Product". Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:20:29 CDT