dbms_job question

From: John Dailey <John.Dailey_at_concept-solutions.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:47:46 -0400

Hey List, I have a bit of a puzzler or I need a brain transplant, which I may need regardless =) :

I have a couple of jobs that I have changed the interval of so they run at night. No problems there... however, they are currently scheduled to run in the middle of the day and they won't pick up the new interval time until they complete successfully. I can't let them complete because when they kick off everyone starts complaining.

To avoid the use of earplugs to block the users' whining, does anyone know of an equivalent to dbms_job.next_date that will update the next_sec column (which controls the time) of the dba_jobs table?

Thanks in Advance - Metalink wasn't much help on this one.

John Dailey
Consultant
Concept Solutions, LLC

Concept Solutions, LLC