RE: OT - telnet to remote machine from behind a firewall

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:21:04 +0400

Hi Rahul

I've heard about secure shell for unix. It encrypts/decrypts data for data transmission between nodes. It requires initial setup for the nodes, after that they will trust each other (public keys ???). But it still requires to open some firewall ports for establishing a connection. I think it's a real alternative to telnet which send unprotected data.

Ed