Datafile offline, urgent

From: Mahmoud Reza Zare <mrezair_at_0racledba.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 23:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Reader,

I have my DB running in ARCHIVELOG mode and I added a datafile to one of my tablespaces and mistakenly took it offline. Now I can not take it back online. At first it prompted that your file requires media recovery. I executed 'Ater database recover automatic' on the datafile. It did not work and now I do not know how to stop recovery process or even to drop the datafile. I can not shutdown the database.

Thanks a lot
Mahmoud

Get email for your site ---> http://www.everyone.net Received on Wed Oct 04 2000 - 01:35:29 CDT