Invalidations during truncate

From: ARUN K C <arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 22:24:09 GMT

Hello,
We are seeing a peculiar scenario where in, if we truncate a table the cursors which are belonging to this objects are autmatically getting invalidated due to this we are seeing hard parses. but if we use delete statements we are not seeing the invalidations. has anybody faced these probs.
Please let me know as we are facing lot of probs on literals since the applications are using netscape 2.3 server which does not allow bind variables to be passed on.(well this is what I heard).

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com. Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 17:24:09 CDT