Re: SQL QUERY

From: T. Ravindran <ravi_at_oil.asm.nic.in>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 09:28:15 -0700

Hi,

create view table as (
select col1,col2,col3,col4 from table1
union
select col1,col2,col3,col4 from table2 );

ravindran

Hi Gurus

I require help with creating a view based on multiple tables. There are 22 tables that have the same column names. I need to create a view based on these tables so that each of the tables data is appended to the view.

eg TABLE1
COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4

blah      blah     blah      blah
abcd    defg     jfjfkjf      xyz

TABLE2
COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4

what     is          my         name
where   do         I            work

If I combine the 2 tables into a view it must look like

VIEW1

COL1         COL2       COL3       COL4
blah           blah         blah         blah
abcd         defg         jfkjf           xyz
what           is             my           name
where         do           I               work

Any help would be greatly appreciate

TIA Suhen Pather
Oracle DBA (OCP)
Telkom SA