JAVA Connection Pooling

From: <Frank.Dodgers_at_janus.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:00:13 -0600

Any help will be greatly appreciated.......we logged this as TAR #1081911.996, no word back yet.

A Java application uses JDBC in order to connect to the database.The   application executes many stored procedures contained in a single PL/SQL   package. Over time, the session PGA memory for the Java session grows to about

  5.5 megabytes. The memory never seems to be released, resulting in low-memory   problems on our UNIX server. We use connection pooling on the Java client side,
  so there may be hundreds of connections to the database at any given time, but

  many of them are inactive, since they are just connections sitting in the java

  connection pool. The problem is that these connections start out at about 112K

  of session PGA memory, but grow to 5.5 MB over time as they execute PL/SQL   procedures. What is causing the session PGA memory to grow and be retained?   We have a small sort_area_size, the executed queries aren't sorting, and the   sort_area_size is 0. We are using Dedicated Server rather than Multi-Threaded   Server for these connections. Could this in any way be related to bug 762114? Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 09:00:13 CDT