OCI connect problem

From: Keith Moore <kmoore_at_zephyrus.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:56:18 -0500

We are having a problem connecting to an Oracle database using OCI. It was working fine connecting to one database, but we moved the data to another database and it can no longer connect. The tnsnames.ora file was updated for the new database.

The program calls into OCISessionBegin() and it never returns. We ran it with truss and can see that the call successfully opens and reads the tnsnames.ora file.

The database version is 8.0.5.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be causing this to happen?

Thanks,
Keith
// Keith Moore
// Zephyrus Software, Inc.