Single RAID 5 array

From: Henry Poras <Henry.Poras_at_ctp.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:22:13 -0400

Looks like we are heading towards an application to be placed on an NT box with a single RAID 5 array. I had (still have) some thoughts on the 'single array' part and was interested to see if there were other comments. My main concern with the single array is that the data files share the same disks as the archive logs. Media failure could thus prevent a complete recovery. It still seems worthwhile to archive, however, as you could still recover up to the most recent copy of archive log on tape. Anything I am missing? Thanks for the help.

Henry Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 12:22:13 CDT