Re: what happened to this table x$kcbrbh ? renamed ? or Disappeared for ever

From: Marin Dimitrov <marin_at_sirma.bg>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:13:05 +0300

this was posted some times ago :

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au> To: <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>; 'Marin Dimitrov' <marin_at_sirma.bg> Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 03:59
Subject: RE: missing x$kcbrbh in 8.1.6

Hi Marin,

This method of sizing the cache has been of dubious value since the introduction of multiple lru latches in 7.3, more so with the introduction of multiple buffer pools in 8.0 and would be entirely wrong with the introduction of the new cache aging and replacement policies in 8.1. Therefore, it exists no more, and in my opinion that's a good thing. There is still a lack of tuning information in this area, but better that than bad information.

Have a look at the Buffer Cache tuning scripts on my web site for some hints as to how to proceed.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/