Any easy way to "re-name" FK constraint?

From: Guang Mei <zlmei_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:15:04 GMT

Hi:

I am trying to find if there is any "easy" way to re-name some FK constraints in my oracle db.

Currently in the oracle db, some FK constraints have names like 'XIF145', 'REF984' etc (I didn't created them, the previous db owner did, no further comments here). I want to write a script to change them to something like

FK_ChildTab_ParentTab

but I still want to use old FK's storage cluase which could be different from table to table.

I can do this using dynamic sql. I am wondering if there is an "easier" way to do it?

TIA. Guang

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com. Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 15:15:04 CDT