Re: [Re: [Re: standby DB in archivelog ?]]

From: Yigal Ran <ydran_at_usa.net>
Date: 29 Sep 00 14:14:29 EDT

I am talking about 8.1.6.

"ARUN K C" <arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Can you tell me on which version apart from 8.1.6 are you talking as re=
ad =

 From: Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com
 Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:55:55 -0700
 Subject: RE: case of MISSINGnnn datafile

If you cannot open the database, there is NO WAY you can take the tablespace offline.

As he is running in noarchive mode. There is no way to recover that tablespace alone. THe only thing that he can do is to recover it from the old cold backup. (if he need that tablespace badly).

If he does not need that tablespace, he can bring all the datafiles associating to that tablespace offline drop, open the database and then drop the whole tablespace.

Winnie