RE: DBA's salary range for Down Under

From: Dave Morgan <dmorgan_at_bartertrust.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:08:01 -0700

Hi All,

	Having worked (and lived) in all of the following places
	here is a rough chart of quality of life for an equivalent
	income. Highest at the top, almost poverty level at
	the bottom.

	Calgary and San Antonio are almost equal in
	quality of life per currency unit

	Very good lifestyle:
		Calgary, Alberta, Canada:	$CAN72000 = $US50000
		San Antonio, Texas, US:		$US72000  = $US72000
		Toronto, Ontario, Canada:	$CAN72000 = $US50000
		London, England:		#720000	  = $US150000
		San Francisco, California, US:	$US72000
	Poverty

(No English pound sign on my keyboard :{ )
As Rachel and Dick said, it is not how much you get that matters, it is how much it can buy. Housing and the cost of transportation are the two biggest factors to check when considering relocating. Also, the type of lifestyle should be considered. Walt (Weaver) and I would go crazy in NYC (I am close to insane in Silicon Valley, as it is) while Rachel would probably die of boredom in Bozeman, Montana.
(If not true Rachel, please forgive me, I just needed an example)

Dave

--
Dave Morgan
Senior Database Administrator