Replication + Conflict

From: Henrik Ekenberg <henrik.ekenberg_at_anoto.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:37:15 +0200

Hello,

One small but not obvious question.
We will setup 3 sites that will replicate same tables to each other. We will concetrate all updates on one site but if this site is down will we start to do updates on an other site.
One will be in the states and an other in Europe.

What kind of conflict methode do we need. If I update on db1 (seat 1245=booked) and the site goes down before I have push this info to DB2. And then in DB2 allocate the same seat to an othe person.

How can I handle this kind of conflict.

Regards
Henrik

P.S We are not dealing with seats ( Just for the example)

Henrik Ekenberg                                   Anoto AB
www.anoto.com

This email contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify me by electronic mail immediately. Any opinions expressed are those of the author, not the Anotos This email does not constitute either offer or acceptance of any contractually binding agreement. Such offer or acceptance must be communicated in writing. Received on Thu Sep 28 2000 - 02:37:15 CDT