(no subject)

From: <Frank.Dodgers_at_janus.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:36:23 -0600

I got these messages in the alert log:

ORA-00603: ORACLE server session terminated by fatal error
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

OPEN_CURSORS is set to 400 for this instance which is on HP-UX 10.20. The Book (ORACLE8i DBA Handbook) says that the value should be set to its maximum, which is OS dependent. Nice advice, except that I haven't been able to find the maximum value for HP-UX 10.2. Checked metalink and called Oracle Support, no call back yet. We have already exceeded the 255 referenced in The Book. So, I'm not sure how much higher to go at this point.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Frank Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 10:36:23 CDT