PROBLEMS DURING CREATION OF A NEW DATABASE

From: Kiran Kumar <KKumar_at_rpsrx.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:03:08 -0400

Hi all
I need a small help from you.When I am trying to create a database on unix it is coming up with a fatal error and when I looked at the trace file generated by this step I am unable to figure out what is going on can you please help me regarding this I am also attaching few lines of trc file.

SMON: following errors trapped and ignored: ORA-00376: file 1 cannot be read at this time ORA-01110: data file 1: '/GAMMA03/oradata/CCQA/CCQA_system01.dbf'
*** 2000-09-26 18:51:07.784

SMON: following errors trapped and ignored: ORA-00376: file 1 cannot be read at this time ORA-01110: data file 1: '/GAMMA03/oradata/CCQA/CCQA_system01.dbf'
*** 2000-09-26 18:51:08.794

SMON: following errors trapped and ignored: ORA-00376: file 1 cannot be read at this time ORA-01110: data file 1: '/GAMMA03/oradata/CCQA/CCQA_system01.dbf'
*** 2000-09-26 18:51:09.802

SMON: following errors trapped and ignored: ORA-00376: file 1 cannot be read at this time ORA-01110: data file 1: '/GAMMA03/oradata/CCQA/CCQA_system01.dbf'
*** 2000-09-26 18:51:10.810

Same errors are reported in the alert log too.

thank you
kiran

From: Vincent Ruger [mailto:Vincent.Ruger_at_nos.nl] Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 3:42 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Stats Pack

Dave,

A few articals on statspack.
Unfortunatly there's no script yet to get rid of old snapshots.

hth

Vincent Ruger
(Oracle DBA)

Author: David Turner