Detect obsolete programs and kill them

From: Rama Malladi <rmalladi_at_inteliant.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:33:59 -0700

Hi,
 Couple of weeks ago, we released a new version of client code to the users. By mistake some users did not get the new release and continue using the old ones, which is very harmful to the integrity of the system. All users are notified and it is okay now. But to be on the safe side ...

 What I want to do now is to detect when a user logs in with the old client (The V$Session.Program is different for two releases), and automatically kill the session.

 Anybody has a quick solution to this?

Thank you Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 13:33:59 CDT