Re: DBVERIFY

From: Bill Gentry <gentry_at_allina.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:17:18 -0500

--------------78626FF26ED79DB5C48BD46F

I've been running DBVERIFY on online database files under an AIX platform for the last year or so. Works fine. (At least I assume it's working, I get output statistics and zero records in error all the time.) ---Bill

Rajesh Dayal wrote:

> Hi All,
> I was just checking DBVERIFY. Can it really check the
> DATAFILES even when it is ONLINE?? I mean to say if the database
> is UP and Running can DBVERIFY work???
> All manuals say that it works on offline and online datafiles,
> but when I tried on my test (online) database (NT/Oracle 8.0.5) it
> gives following error :
>
> DBV-00100: Specified FILE (d:\oracle7\database\sys1ohir.ora) not
> accessible
>
> Appreciate your feedback,
>
> Rajesh
> Author: Rajesh Dayal
> INET: Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com

--------------78626FF26ED79DB5C48BD46F

 filename="gentry.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Gentry;Bill
tel;fax:612-775-1161
tel;work:612-775-1190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:ALLINA HEALTH SYSTEM
adr:;;1375 Willow Street;Minneapolis;MN;55403; version:2.1
email;internet:gentry_at_allina.com
title:ORACLE DBA
fn:Bill Gentry Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 15:17:18 CDT