RE: Check Constraint Question

From: Diana Duncan <Diana_at_fileFRENZY.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:34:20 -0400

Maybe a silly question, but why not define a DEFAULT value of 'AB' on the column? (since a null indicates 'AB'). This way the developers don't have to do nvl() calls or any extra checking.

Just a thought,
Diana

Author: Tamara Swilley
  INET: tswilley_at_agency.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 15:34:20 CDT