Re: A Problem while mounting the database

From: Oliver Artelt <oli_at_md.transnet.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:43:37 +0200

Hi,

have you copied the ctrlfile after shutdown? -At least you can create a new controlfile with 'create controlfile'.

oli

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Sanjay Kumar wrote:

> > HI,
>
> I shutdown the database and deleted the controlfile. Before deleting I
> copied the controlfile to a temporary location. This is a test database.
>
> It is obvious that the database will not mount. So I replaced the control
> file back to the original location and tried to open the database.
>
> But still, it gave me an that "cannot open the database in Exclusive mode".
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Sanjay Kumar

---

Oliver Artelt, System- und Datenbankadministration
  cubeoffice GmbH & Co.KG # jordanstrasse 7 # 39112 magdeburg
telefon: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 10 # telefax: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 19
   email: oli@cubeoffice.de # web: http://www.cubeoffice.de