RE: INITIAL and NEXT extent sizing question

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:09:03 +0100

Fred,

It is my understanding that NEXT being set to the same value of INITIAL is good idea in terms of keep fragmentation of tablespaces to a minimum. This is also assuming that you keep the extent sizes of other tables in the tablespace to that same extent size. This then means that should a table be dropped for any reason, those extents can easily be reused by another table wanting to extend.

Author: Fred Smith
  INET: fred_fred_1_at_hotmail.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 26 2000 - 08:09:03 CDT