RE: Load Indicator not supported by OS !

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:58:43 +0100

Ken,

I find it hard to believe that this question has come up with EXACTLY the same subject line, in less than a week on this list, and you don't know the answer to it.

Cest la vie, following are the answers that have been posted so far...

--snip--

ignore this. It's fixed in 816.
(BTW: It's a feature not a bug. If you ever get an ORA-601 without currently time listed in the log and you had to solve this problem you'll love this behaviour :-)

oli
--snip--

Take all references to MTS out of your init.ora file. Linux doesn't support them and it complains constantly.

Dennis Taylor
--snip--

This is a known bug in the 8.1.5 version of Oracle on Linux. This is caused by
using Shared server processes in that particular release. You can either comment out all of your mts_* parmeters in your init<SID>.ora file, or you can
upgrade to 8.1.6 which fixes it. It doesn't cause any problems with MTS in that release of Oracle on Linux, but it sure is annoying and makes for a very
large Alert<SID>.log file. Another FYI, there is a patch out for 8.1.5, make
sure you use it.. it makes alot of improvements, I believe it is something like
8.1.5.1.2 ???? Can't remember.. check http://technet.oracle.com in the software
section.

Tom Tyson
--snip--