Re: RE: RAID vs. Mirrored Drives?

From: Michael Henderson <MHenders_at_tvnz.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:36:54 +1200

The best site on RAID is the following... it gives the fullest detail and = is easy to understand:
http://arstechnica.com/paedia/r/raid-1.html

Regards,
Mike.

Michael Henderson, DBA
http://www.nzoom.com
DDI: +64-9-916 6941 Fax: +64-9-308 9614 Mob: 021-465 466

>>> Satar.Naghshineh_at_irvine.mellesgriot.com 09/23 2:50 >>> Mirrored drives is one form of RAID. Do a search on RAID on the web.

Two controllers is fine, you put one set of drives on a controller and = their
Mirrored copies (set of drives) on the other controller. So if one controller goes down, you will still have access to the data.

Regards,
Satar