Re: Unix Shell Scripting

From: Sanjay Kumar <ora_user_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:12:33 -0700

Thanks to those who replied.
I have one more query.
I happened to see a book called Solaris 7 Reference. It is Sun's press and author is Janice (I dont remember exactly).

My question is has one come across or purchased this book? If purchased, what is the level ie intermediate, advanced or beginner.

TIA Sanjay Kumar

> I learned the basics from Teach Yourself UNIX Shell Programming in 14 Days
> by Kamran Husain. It is published by SAMS Publishing.
>
> It is not a complete or advanced UNIX reference by any means, but it gives
> the basic foundation for UNIX and shell scripts. I would say it takes
from
> beginner to very little intermediate, but still a good book. This book,
man
> pages and some samples I found on the web now have me at the level where I
> can do everything I have needed to in the last few months.
>
> Steve
> Steven Monaghan
> Oracle DBA
> MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.
> Melville, NY
> MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com <mailto:MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com>

level Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 14:12:33 CDT