Restoring tables/tablespaces

From: <achoto_at_american.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:36:09 -0400

Thanks to Steven Monaghan and Heidi Schmidt for their suggestions.

We recreated the user's id and we're going to recreate/reload the tables owned by him using Data Stage. The only thing we won't be able to recover is his plsql code.

Unfortunately we don't have a test machine, (it's a long story) we're working on that, but we're short of space in the server where we're planning to set up our test environment. My original thought was (if I had my test machine) to restore the database to the state it was prior to dropping the user. Export the user and then import it in our production machine. Is this a viable solution? I'm probably going to set up my test machine next week, thank God! Needless to say we've been very lucky so far and haven't had many problems. It only becomes obvious and urgent to get our test environment set up when things like these happen!

Thanks again!

Ana Choto
Systems Programmer
American University Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 13:36:09 CDT