utl_file issue...

From: Ramlal K Chithu <TS2182_at_emirates.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 08:54:44 +0400

Dear DBAs,

How are you doing?

We have written a testing procedure to create a file in server machin using UTL_FILE package.
When we execute that procedure from the prompt, sqlplus connection is being lost and gives the message "End-of-communication channel".

But when we execute the same procedure using DBMS_JOB package (i.e submiting jobs..), the file is getting created.

Why is it like so?

What can be the problem.

This problem occurs in our Test Env Alone. In the Development Env , the same code works fine in Sqlprompt also.

The Code is

create or replace procedure testfile1 as v_file UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;
begin

   v_file := UTL_FILE.FOPEN('/harpoon7/clpdev/data','anil1.txt','W');

dbms_output.put_line  ('here 1');
   UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(v_file,'RAMLAL11');
   UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(v_file);

exception
when others then

   UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(v_file);
   message('others ..'||sqlerrm);
end;

Thanks for all whoever going to reply... Received on Fri Sep 22 2000 - 23:54:44 CDT